Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Blog 1 Autobiographical

9/12
Blog 1- Autobiographical

Well hello, my name is Tasmin Perry and I’m from Queens NY. I’m eighteen and I find it incredibly annoying that like most people my age, I still don’t know what I wish to do with my life. I have been trying my best to figure it out but nothing seems to make sense. I like many things; reading, writing, clothes styling, and planning events. I remember when I was younger I always said I wanted to be a “mad scientist” and find the cure for all things bad. Along with many others these dreams followed me throughout high school. My mother who is a saint in my eyes always pushes me in everything I do, I tell her very week I have found a “new life calling” that I probably stick with for about a month before realizing there are so many things I wish to study and so many ways I could make a difference in society.
Than along came my junior year, I was granted the greatest experience I could ever ask for. I was selected to be mentored by the CEO of A+E televisions networks.  For the past two years I have been able to see the behind the scenes look of how a television network is put together. It’s more than the glitz and glamour that we all know and love. I interned with the company for two summers and learned that I would absolutely hate an office job. I sat staring at a computer for eight hours every day creating study guides for high school students, not a fun time at all. But after meeting many people in the business I was taught that if you don’t know what you want to do with your life at young age not to stress and it will come to you. I hope that moment comes very soon because I’m losing patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment